6 Australian Universities made it in the Times Higher Education Top 100

In the latest Times Higher Education university rankings, Australia has 6 universities in the Top 100 and these are:

This year’s results show that Australian varsities are seriously investing on research as most varsities scored high in research citations.

“Australia will have to raise its game to ensure it can compete with the leading Western powerhouses of the US and the UK and rising stars in Asia that are heavily investing in research,” said Mr Phil Baty, Times Higher Education rankings editor,

“I think Australia is in a really good position. It’s got a very good opportunity to make the most of the Asian century,” he said.

But Mr Baty said the big worry for Australia was ensuring sustainable funding for higher education. “That’s the unanswered question,” he said.

University of Melbourne - This internationally recognised research university has maintained its spot in the university rankings. It is #33 this year and was given high marks for its research citations and international outlook. The University of Melbourne is Australia’s second oldest university and currently has a student population of 40,128 of which 35% are international students. I want to know more about University of Melbourne.

Australian National University - Reaching #55 this year, ANU is the only university to have been created by the Parliament of Australia. On another university ranking system, ANU is ranked co-equal 19th in the world (first in Australia) with King’s College London by the 2015/16 QS World University Rankings. I want to know more about Australian National University.

University of Sydney - Australia’s first university is no. 56 this year. Throughout the years, the Univesity of Sydney has been consistently ranked in the top 0.3 percent of universities in the world and boast a strong community which includes more than 50,000 students, 3000 academic staff, and 300,000 alumni. I want to know more about University of Sydney.

University of Queensland - one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions, ranked well (#60) inside the world’s top 100 by the Times Higher Education rankings. Furthermore, The University of Queensland has produced numerous alumni with significant contributions to science, arts, medicine, education, business, politics and law in Australia and throughout the world.

Nonetheless, Monash University and University of South Wales reached #73 and #82, respectively.

WANNA STUDY IN AUSTRALIA? GET MORE INFORMATION HERE.

Related Articles
Why study in Australia
Government Scholarships in Australia
Why study Vocational education & training in Australia?
General Requirements for Australian Visa
Cost of Living in Australia