Are there Australian Government Scholarships for International Students?

Australia is a leading education destination for most international students.

To encourage more international students to study in Australia, the Australian government has created a lineup of programmes for deserving international students enrolled in leading universities in Australia.

Here are the government scholarships:

• Australia Awards Scholarship - Offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for full-time undergraduate or postgraduate students. Only participating countries can apply. Benefits include full tuition fee waiver, return air travel, establishment allowance and contribution to living expenses.
  • Endeavour Vocational Education and Training Scholarship - Offered by the Australian government for international students to undertake vocation education at a diploma, advanced diploma or associate degree level in any field in Australia for up to two and a half (2.5 years).
  • Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship - Scholarship offered to students interested to pursue their masters (up to 2 years) or PhD (up to 4 years). It covers tuition of up to $15,000 per semester. The scholarship’s total value is up to $272,500 for PhD and $140,500 for Masters.
  • Endeavour Research Fellowship - supports students who need funding for short-term research towards an overseas Masters, PhD or postdoctoral research. Scholarship is worth $24,500 and lasts up to 4-6 months
  • Endeavour Executive Fellowship - grant for working professionals for their professional development. Scholarship is worth $18,500.
  • The Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowship - provides financial support for postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows from participating Asian countries to undertake short-term research (4-6 months) in any field, in Australia.

RELATED STORY:
How to apply for financial aid in the US?

FOR MERIT-BASED scholarships in Australia, check Easyuni scholarships section! If you have questions about studying in Australia, feel free to post your questions here and our dedicated counselors can help.

Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET)
6 Australian Universities made it in the Times Higher Education Top 100
pinned #2

These are really helpful, thanks. Can you write us more info on merit-based scholarships since not everyone can qualify for these types of scholarships (competition must be real tough).

Students from Pakistan can apply?

Hi @studentme

I think you should check this page http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/participating-countries.aspx to see if you qualify.

I was looking for scholarships and found this article. Very helpful.

Hi @studentme yes you can apply :smiley:

I am a Ugandan, am I permitted to apply; do I qualifying anyway?

Hi @kayisam kindly check this link http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/participating-countries.aspx to see if you qualify.