What is the difference between “credit transfer” and “twinning”?


With credit transfers, you can transfer to a university of your choice to complete your degree. According to Australian Qualifications Framework, credit transfer is defined as follows: “Credit transfer is a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications.”

With twinning programmes on the other hand, the partner university (which you will obtain your degree from, and is usually the university that’s located abroad) is already decided right from the start. This means that you will be conferred a degree by that overseas university although you will be spending most of your time doing your studies in your country.